Before anyone can look at reasons to evaluate a network or outsource support they have to have an understanding of what network support entails.
There are many elements and tasks that go into supporting a network and the level of support a business needs depends on many factors. Network support should be preformed by a network support professional that has a set of procedures and tools to uphold a businesses technical infrastructure. Some tasks that a network support team preforms are monitoring, planning, network management, preventative maintenance, and keeping the network running smoothly.
The level or amount of outsourcing a business requires depends on what technical assets it already has. If a business has an IT team they may only lack the enterprise tools needed to support the network so it can be supplemented by a Managed Service Provider (MSP) and if a company has no IT staff members it can completely outsource. The key is to find a reputable service provider that has the ability to work with specific needs and is familiar with the industry the business is in.
Now that there is an understanding of what network support does we can look at a few reasons a company should consider looking into some level of network support help.
- Reliability: Think to yourself, when does technology always seem to not work…if you are like the rest of the world the answer is when you need it most. But technology does not have to be a hassle. Whether completely outsourcing your IT or supplementing a current IT staff a managed service provider will guarantee that your network is running smoothly and efficiently, as well as make sure your data is backed up in compliance with your industries standard. It allows you to have a 24X7 support desk to quickly solve issues and not just a professional that is there 9-5.
- Professional Expertise: It is expensive for small to medium-sized businesses to be able to staff a whole IT department with an expert for every element of network support. They may have one IT guy and possibly a sales guy that knows a little bit about IT trying to supporting a whole network. This is where outsourcing benefits a company and allows the sales person to focus on selling and gives the IT position the tools and help to be successful.
- Tool Set: Doesn’t it seem that every time you turn around there is a new product or service in the technical world? Of course it does and that is because technology is ever changing to better serve the end user. It is ultimately beneficial but at first can intimidating to learn a whole new system or figure out what best suits your business. An MSP has professionals that know about the newest and the best technology for your business structure and industry. A managed service provider not only has an expensive enterprise tool set but it also partners with the best systems and technologies in order to be fully trained and certified.
- Mitigate Risk: Most companies are very concerned with data security especially those that have to be compliant with specific laws. A respectable MSP has a network operations team that is monitoring a network 24X7 looking for any alerts or problems. They make sure that backups are current and running properly as well as protect the network from any viruses using top of the line products.
- Increase Productivity: When something goes wrong with your IT, everything grinds to a halt and time is crucial to every business. An MSP is there to prevent or reduce any downtime by monitoring the network. It also deals with all of the small IT problems like workstation setup or printer mishaps instead of a member of a division in your organization that should be focused of their tasks not IT. By having your system taken care of production increases and stress decreases for everyone.
- Reduce Cost: When you outsource network support to an MSP it allows for predictable budgeting. There is a monthly flat-rate for the services provided and it includes enterprise setup, hardware and software for the whole network.
Many small businesses find it challenging to deploy, maintain, and protect their technology and outsourcing these tasks to professionals eliminates future problems. Contact us to see how we can help your business.